Captive Audience



Anyone that reads my travelesque blogs knows that I have spiritual awakenings from being a captive audience to the television screen.

Even from watching pure junk like Housewives of Orange Country or Atlanta or wherever those housewives are. Sadly, I get seduced by this junk. Wha!! I watch in a state of shock that these pluffy lipped and perfect nosed women have no shame, no shame.

Oh my, reality TV for me is a huge reality check. A check about how I’m perfectly okay with my wrinkles and my thin lips and, in comparison, thin bank account.

Changing the channel now as I watch these ladies that lunch clink their glasses of Cristal.

I’m surprised that I’m not coming across a marathon of that reality show called Hoarders, which is what always seems to pop up on my flights. Housewives & Hoarders. Pure pleasure viewing.

Switch channel:

Wo - so I must research this show called:

Touch:
All I know is that the writer spoke of it as a joy to create and a compilation of 4 short stories. Must research.
Thursdays at 8.

Switch channel:
Profile of artist Thomas Kinkade - need to see this work, but might be too Rockwellian for me - but I watched a fan of his weep for his loss. He died this past Friday.

Switch channel: -ahhhh, yes! - someplace to land for a while --- and sooo happy because I have been wanting to see this again!

To Kill A Mockingbird - special airing with an introduction by President Obama. Timeless lesson about racial injustice. It’s returned with a slightly different look. A Pulitzer prize winner, Academy Award winner that even though it was mandatory reading, it wasn't for me. It opened my eyes - but I'm surprised at home much I forgot - but I always need to see things as an adult with that wise gaze.

It is an impactful movie - courageous. Scout says it all when she says, "it's like shooting a mockingbird.” - That’s the line in the movie that makes me love the underdog and value innocence and justice.

John reminds me of Atticus. Not sure exactly why. He doesn't resemble Gregory Peck, well, sometimes he does - to me. It's that moral fiber that I admire. Watching Atticus with Scout and Jem- is liking watching John with Audrey and Tanner. There is truly an odd resemblance and for that I smile.

Love the famous quote: "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."

thanks Atticus Finch.

Thanks boyfriend.