Turkey on Tennessee Valley Road


I love seeing things I don't see in Manhattan. Pausing. I was hiking with a friend, Carol, and she hikes this trail often --- and it was just another turkey to her.

Here I am talking turkey - but it's just one of those things I like to capture. It was so beautiful - peacock colors and a grace. It's beak was moving frantically in pursuit of what looked like air, but it was seeking something. I couldn't help but think of the flight it would have to take if being chased by a knife to cut off it's head. It was so nice to see it running free along Tennessee Valley Road... and reinforces ... my decision to eat a veggie burger vs turkey burger. Why must we kill these lovely creatures? I feel the same way when I look at cows, pigs - fish. I must be vegan.. Oh, that's right, I am.

So I'll stay away from that vein - and just say that it was a beautiful new Tennessee Valley road for me to discover. We didn't quite make it to the beach because darkness was descending - but it was a healthy teaser for another Marin County day.

Oh, and the highlight of Marin ----- LOVED stopping by my lovely friend's Tyra and Bill's house and visiting in the afternoon in route home from the retreat. Tyra is a Chi Gong teacher and ex-Chronicle pal -and a sweet smiling soul and our visits are always robust with meaningful conversation.