Kaleidoscope of a b'day





Here's the 411 on my birthday.

It's April 11th - but,well, it's really the entire week before and the entire week after - so I have officially claimed that April is my birthday.

One day is not enough. Sorry. I have the healthiest addiction to variety and a kaleidoscope kinda life.

So, John and I celebrated at Candle 79 - Oh, so, yum. That was a week before my birthday.

We celebrated tonight too - with a simple, super sweet night of pre-travel-esque stuff like dancing to a Radio Head song and eating in the outside garden of Fatty Fish (I hate the name, but love the miso soup & California rolls). We cuddled it up and enjoyed a sweet togetherness here in Simba land before I scoot to Bay Area... Scoot!

So about this kaleidoscope theme - guess what John made for me - MADE - yup. It's so pretty. He took a beautiful photo of Simba and me, and wrapped it around a kaleidoscope and, wait, then he put an image of us in the tube and when it turns... well, you'd have to see it to believe the beauty.

Now off to CA tomorrow for more gentle turns of a life I get to have....

Oh, doing my usual swap with Rosie Posie - and she and her man Gregg will arrive here to NYC manana - and John and I will hang before I fly off to her house (& car) - and scarves & earrings too (shhhh... ) - the perfect swap.